We all get those days… or weeks… or months… where we just want to binge on Netflix and make ourselves feel a little better by forgetting about everything else for a little while. Here’s some suggestions from the team that can keep you occupied for at least a night.
1. If you’re into your mind boggling murder mysteries then check out Jessica Biel in ‘The Sinner’ for some gruesome scenes which aren’t for the faint hearted.
2. Another mystery, based on Harlen Coben’s novel; ‘SAFE’ will grasp you for a binge worthy night of dark secrets.
3. Something a little different and receiving some controversial reviews lately is ‘Insatiable’. Based around a high school girl bullied for being overweight, it delves into the world of fat shaming and beauty pageants.
4. ’A-Typical’ is another that fits into a whole genre of its own. It shows teenage life though autism pretty superbly, as well as upholding some just as worthy secondary arcs.
5. If you’re into getting nostalgic there’s also ‘Everything Sucks!’ which once again, is based around high school life but in the 90s. It’s a sweet and charming coming of age story, with plenty of little quirks to keep you laughing.
Of course, if you get really suck, there is always the trusty reruns of ‘Friends’ and ‘The Great British Bake Off’ to keep you going. But keep searching for those hidden gems and let us know what you find!