5 Hidden Gems In Derby City Centre
Living in Derby all my life, I’ve come across some pretty amazing places that newcomers or students may not even know exist!
So I’ve put a list together of five incredible places that need more recognition within Derby’s city centre.
- The Forge
- Located just in The Blacksmith’s Yard just off Sadler gate, this scenic bar and grill serves up some of the best burgers the town can offer. From its crazy PB&J burger to its large selection of craft beers, it has something to suit everyone all within a reasonable price range. My personal favourite has to be their delicious mac and cheese on the side of a big juicy burger. HEAVEN.
- Jack Rabbits
- Serving up some of the best local food Derbyshire has to offer, Jack Rabbits is always a hit with their customers. Situated in The Cathedral Quarter, its close proximity draws in plenty of customers from the city centre for a bite to eat or to pick something up from their grocers. The bright and cheery atmosphere is a sure fire winner when it comes to dining.
- The Flowerpot
- This place is known for two things, great live music and its selection of cask real ales. If you’re looking for an evening of entertainment without spending a great deal, this is the place to go. It’s lively, fun atmosphere makes you feel right at home and the beer garden is bursting with energy in the summer. The Flowerpot’s home is right in the heart of The Cathedral Quarter on King Street.
- Pearls and Scarlett
- Selling unwanted designer clothing at amazing prices is just one of the many things this agency does. Run by a local couple, the shop really has a designer feel and sells some of the top names in the business. Located on Irongate, just a few minutes walk from the town centre, it’s really worth having a peek at.
- Derby Gaol
- Everyone knows that Derby is one of the most haunted cities in Britain and this place shows you exactly why. It’s just one of the stops along the city’s ghost walks and with overnight vigils available throughout the year, it’s one of Derby’s most notorious must see stops especially as it’s on Asbourne Road. But be careful, who knows what’s lurking around…
So there we are! These are just a few of the hidden gems around Derby, there are plenty more so go and have a look for yourselves!